Saturday, January 23, 2010

Update

So no review of Kills the Moment :( While I didn't make it to Xtreme Wheels that night, I finally saw Avatar in 3D. What an amazing movie. It was my first 3D movie. My eyes hurt a little initially, but after a while they got used to the visuals, and I had an absolute BLAST. I've seen a lot people (specifically on facebook) say that the plot was trite, and that except for the visuals, it's not a good movie. I think what ava-haters miss is that the movie is one of the best and most entertaining movies to come out in a while. I thought the plot fit the movie well, and I loved every (long) minute of it. It was just a great and more importantly fun experience. One of my favorite movies in a while.

Since I'm talking about movies, I saw a couple more recently, so I'll just give a short review of both. The day after Avatar, I saw The Book of Eli. To be honest, I wasn't too excited to see it, but it turned out to be decent, bordering on good. I remember hearing that the movie was written by Gary Whitta, who probably no one remembers was an editor and contributor to PC Gamer back in the day. Anyway, the movie is kind of slow because it shows Denzel Washington walking on empty desert roads a lot, and for long periods of time. I liked seeing Mila Kunis on the big screen (who wouldn't?) but she still comes across as the ditzy teenager she played on the 70s show. Gary Oldman played the bad guy really well (as he always does, though his last roles have been good guys-Sirius Black and Detective Gordon). There is a major twist at the end of the movie that doesn't really make sense in retrospect, but in the end I had a good time at this movie. The most fun parts of the movie were the really gory and violent fight scenes during which people in the theater shouted stuff like "oh shit!!" and "that was his arm!" in response to the bloodbath on screen. Lolz @ the audience participation.

Finally I saw Legion today, which wasn't a good movie. That's really the only thing I have to say, ha. Lots of promise with the material (angels, possessed humans) but in reality not a very good movie at all.

All right, on to other stuff. I've been on blog tv lately a lot. I just discovered this website, and it's pretty interesting and funny. I subscribed to a bunch of channels, and watch when I have free time. It's actually a great site for expanding your horizons, because I've been inspired to learn harmonica, and improve my guitar chord knowledge and acoustic song repertoire from watching people on blog tv. I actually prefer this site to other web 2.0 sites because it captures your attention (most of the time). I'm actually bored with facebook, but the weird thing is that I still compulsively check it daily. It's probably just a habit that I've developed over time, which is kind of scary because there is nothing really to look for on facebook. The status updates are mundane and trite, and people that post (interesting) pictures are few and far between. I mainly frequent youtube and blogtv on the interwebz now.

Music-wise, I've got a lot of things going on. I've got a bunch of electronic music song ideas on my pc and a lot of guitar riffs already written in 2010. I just need to develop these ideas into songs, and I hope to release this music in some capacity soon. So be on the look out for more music, show and movie reviews, and random thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment