Sunday, February 15, 2009

Music

I thought I would post 3 tracks that I am playing on repeat (on youtube, ha) right now. The first one is in the trance genre--"Summer Rain" by ATB. I am discovering the elements to a good dance track, and this one has a good loop that starts it off. This loop is developed with percussion for a good minute and a half. Then vocals come in, and the loop comes back and hits the "drop". Not a lot of musical elements, but a lot of work in development and structure (things to keep in mind for me as Music 295b moves into the dance music phase).



Next up is "Shockwave" by Black Tide, another opener for Escape the Fate in NYC on Feb. 21. I really dig the riff in this song, but I've been having trouble playing it on guitar. I think it's in some weird tuning.

Last, but not least, I am including "Through Struggle" by my new favorite band, As I Lay Dying. I have to warn you that it is very hardcore (especially the vocals), so at least check out the beginning and the vicious breakdown at the end (3:32). As I Lay Dying will be opening, along with Children of Bodom (whom I saw live at Toad's Place in 2006), for Lamb of God this spring. Unfortunately, the NYC show is right in the middle of exams, so maybe I will catch them in Myrtle Beach when the Seniors invade?

No comments:

Post a Comment