Sunday, February 7, 2010

What is burn notice?

Still don't know :] Dave Grohl was spectacular on drums last night playing with Them Crooked Vultures on SNL. It was the first time that I heard this band, but I did not like their songs. This supergroup, which consists of members from Led Zeppelin, Queens of the Stone Age, and Foo Fighters has fantastic musicianship, but I found the guitar riffs to be bland, and the songs to be uninteresting. The highlight of the performance was Dave Grohl's epic drumming. He was really into the songs, and he exuded enthusiasm and energy in his performance. He also had a funny bit in the last skit. Dave Grohl is a musician that I very much look up to. He is a fantastic drummer, and a great songwriter, guitarist, and vocalist. I mean, what can't this guy do? Props to SNL for having a solid live rock n' roll band on, but aside from the instrumental performances, I have to say I did not particularly like Them Crooked Vultures.

Slash had a very random but sweet performance at the Grammys. He played the outro solo to November Rain during Jaime Foxx and T-Pain's "Blame It On The Alcohol". I'm looking forward to his solo album that is coming out this spring. Speaking of upcoming music releases, I am really looking forward to the following new albums:

As I Lay Dying - The Powerless Rise (early 2010)
Attack Attack! - Shazam (spring 2010)
Bullet For My Valentine - Untitled (spring 2010)
Escape the Fate - Untitled (spring 2010?)

Excited for the Super Bowlz, and shows coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment